Monday, October 1, 2007

2nd learning diary for T-86.5161

I just arrived in Helsinki from another city, I was not able to access internet at weekend in order to put my diary in my blog.

There is a group (I think I will be with them) is interested in Financial ontology, which is about:

1) Financial processes & messages in different standards (RosettaNet,
UBL, ACORD, SEPA,..) and their analyses
2) Creating a universal data model (ontology) for this domain
3) Partly guidance from financial company

Hopefully, I could get more detailed information about this topic. The reason why I am interested in the topic related to Financial stuff is I have some finance education background and would like to study Financial processes and message in different standards. Is that easy and possible to create a universal data model for this domain? Is there any research on it?

Coomments :


  • Damodaran: B2B Integration over the Internet with XML – RosettaNet Successes and Challenges

This paper introduces the B2B transaction components, PIP and PIP structure. It also discusses PIP message interface structure. I agree PIP specifications must have more machine-readable content to further these improvements, after all, PIP message is so complicated that human is hard to read it. RosettaNet is currently working on the challenges to makinig the execution of the buiness process more more efficient, try to increase automation further reduces errors and related costs (modular PIPs)

  • Damodaran:RosettaNet: Adoption Brings New Problems, New Solutions
I think this paper is quite same as "Damodaran: B2B Integration over the Internet with XML – RosettaNet Successes and Challenges". The main content is about how to standardize the configuration of RNIF (RosettaNet implementation framework) for reducing cost by using existence of technology.

No comments: