Monday, October 15, 2007

4th learning diary, Business Process Integration

#Reflect the lectures so far - do they support the project work?
#Take an article. Do backwards and forward citation analyses and see if authors have written other relevant papers (take e.g. some of the articles used in the course or the one you located yourselves).


During the almost one month period of lecture, we have had different lectures from different area. For my project purpose, I concern about Financial processes & messages in different standards (RosettaNet,UBL, ACORD, SEPA,..). We only had RosettaNet related content in the lecture, our group has to do own research on UBL, ACORD and SEPA. Generally, the lectures do support the project work.

Citation analyses
Akerman, A., Tyree, J., 2006. Using Ontology to Support development of Software Architectures. IBM Systems Journal, Vol. 45, No. 4, pp. 813-825.

I do not understand what is the purpose of doing backwards and forward citation analyses. But I took a bit time to read the article quickly, I found the paper is very useful. I have a question in my mind, how to find authors have written other relevant papers? I use the author's name to look for other relevant papers, it seems there are lots of same names as the author's name, so, it is hard to find it. I do not know whether i use the right way to do the searching.

No comments: